Monday 25 July 2011

Spontaneity...

Tonight I would normally have gone for a run but I'm resting my sore hip. And I couldn't go for a swim instead because the pool closes early on a Monday. So it was I was left in the lap of the gods...

Spontaneity is one of life's all too rare treats. The sorts of things you did as a kid on a summer's day like going to the beach or building a den. By definition, you can't plan for it, it takes you by surprise and if you run with it, you're rarely disappointed.

It started this afternoon in work. I spotted my friend Jaime who stopped to ask if I was free for a catch up later in the day, I suggested after 4:30pm when I'd be out of my meeting, she suggested 5:00pm for a drink somewhere close by, which then became drinks nearer home and that quickly segued into a meal and a few glasses of wine at Côte Brasserie in the Bay.

I've little recollection of what we talked about but a persistent memory of laughing a lot. Good weather, food, wine and, of course, company. And the best bit: it was a total surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment