Sunday 4 September 2011

A period of re-adjustment...

Today has been a day of re-adjustment: the time, the place, the weather, the food and the people.
  1. I woke at 6:00am feeling like I'd had a lie in because Turkey is two hours ahead of the UK.
  2. Cardiff Bay is nice enough but the view across the Bosphorus is so much nicer.
  3. Although today was a fairly pleasant day by UK weather standards, having been used to 30C+ for the last week, I felt a little chilly at times.
  4. I know porridge is healthy but where's my cheese and tomatoes and yoghurt and honey and melon?
  5. For a relatively comfortable and privilaged society, we're a miserable bunch of sad faced gits.
So it is with returning from any holiday; I'm sure I'm not alone in going through a period of re-adjustment, where my heart and soul is still 2,709.35km away, approximately.

I went swimming this afternoon and dreamt of Turkish food for the entire swim. It wasn't the easiest of swims, not having been in over a week and it was made doubly difficult by trying to breathe and salivate whilst trying to swim. After leaving the pool, I went directly to the supermarket and bought some aubergines, onions, garlic and tomatoes. I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to make with them but Imam Bayildi springs to mind. Such a simple dish and with some crusty bread... Mmmmm!

And for all of you that asked why there were no pictures embedded in my Istanbul posts; Apple and Blogger are not natural bedfellows and I couldn't find a way of uploading the pictures to the blog post. However, now that I have a access to PC, I have spent a little time adding pictures retrospectively. Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment