Saturday 8 October 2011

My inner Imelda Marcos...

Is it wrong to sneak a look up the pool attendant's shorts? For such was the sight that befell my eyes as I clung onto the side of the pool after today's swim. I think it was God rewarding me for cleaning the flat this morning and then bothering to do some physical exercise. Except that I don't believe in God...

After oggling at the pool attendant until I went blind, I went into town and bought a new pair of shoes and a new jacket. I don't need a new jacket and I certainly don't need a new pair of shoes but they looked so irresistible. A pair of ox blood red brogues calling out my name. And so, surrendering to my inner Imelda Marcos, I offered to find them a good home. It would have been cruel not to.

And speaking of Imelda Marcos; has anyone else heard the David Byrne and Fatboy Slim concept album about her life? There are some wonderful songs on it. My favorite is the title track, Here Lies Love, featuring the magnificent Florence Welch.

1 comment: