Wednesday 12 October 2011

This way lies madness...

Updating my iPad to iOS 5 is a long and laborious process. Restart ad nauseum. I have now made 7 attempts, of which 2 failed to download the update and 5 have come unstuck over "The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occured". I have consulted the iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting but to no avail. I've had so many different errors; an error 3200, an error 3014 and I think I saw an error 3002 - bingo anyone?

I have updated iTunes, updated my operating system, unplugged all USB devices, disabled my security and restarted my computer (several times). The only thing I have not done is used my iPad as a frisbee (although I have come very close on several occasions).

I wouldn't say I'm stupid but (quiet at the back please), admittedly, I don't do as well as I might when it comes to navigating the far flung corners of technology and the interweb's myriad technicalities. I have no inner geek. I am now at the point of giving this upgrade an 8th and final try before resorting to physical violence as a revenge and to give myself some long needed relief. Albert Einstein said that the definition of insanity was "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge, I'm trying not to lose my head, ah huh-huh-huh. It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under...

No comments:

Post a Comment