Sunday 13 November 2011

Altogether...

Altogether, it was a lovely day today. I spent it on the beach in the altogether. Glorious sunshine without a cloud in the sky, despite the BBC's forecast of cloud and light rain. The only wet I felt was the spray back from changing my colostomy bag the salty spume of the ocean.

Nearby there was a kite festival with the most spectacular kites borne aloft by the gusty warm wind. I would share some photos with you from today but they may have to wait. When I was on holiday in Istanbul, I couldn't use many of the Blogspot functions because the iPad doesn't handle them too well; using photos in my blog was one of the casualties. I bought an app to help me better interface with my blog on Blogspot via my iPad; trouble is, that the app is awaiting release following iOS5 and currently doesn't work. If I can't get any photos up I'll do it retrospectively when I get back.

Having spent the entire day on the beach, I returned to my hotel by 5pm and then went for a run. The sun was low in the sky but still brilliant and warm. The first part of the run is uphill and I'd started to sweat before I reached the top. Much of the rest of the run is either on the flat or slightly down hill. It feels wonderful to run buoyed along by this beautiful balmy weather.

The run itself was relaxed. I have a slight twinge in my right hip again and I'm getting an odd sensation from my my left knee - nothing to worry about. It seems ungrateful to complain about these things, given the circumstances of my run. When I got back to the hotel, I went for a dip in the hotel pool - cool and refreshing after a hot and sweaty run.

The only cloud on the horizon is that the only English language news channel I can find is Skynews; that prejudiced and reactionary, right wing, poisonous excuse for objectivity...

No comments:

Post a Comment