Saturday 19 November 2011

International jet setting...

I've never seen an airport that is less international than Cardiff International Airport. Technically, they are international in that they deal with foreign destinations but international carries a significance that this airport just doesn't live up to. Yes, flights land there from countries outside the UK but then, my local Spar corner shop stocks foods from countries outside the UK and they don't call themselves Cardiff Bay International Spar.

Cardiff International Airport is more like an aerodrome; a small collection of sheds and a runway somewhere outside Barry. The decor is tired and a bit dog eared, the service is a bit homemade and make do and the transport links are bit few and a bit far between.

International it ain't.

After queuing for a bloody age whilst the two International Border Security staff on duty checked our passports, I waited for one out of the two International Baggage Reclaim conveyor belts to crank into action. After getting my Samsonite international suitcase, I then got an international shuttle bus to Rhoose international railway station and an international train to Cardiff Central International Railway Station.

After a short international taxi ride home, I popped to Cardiff Bay International Tescos for some international milk and a few international bits and international bobs for my international dinner.

International, my arse!

2 comments:

  1. Now now mr cranky pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming "Mr Cranky Pants" is not a term of endearment...? :-)

    ReplyDelete