Sunday 4 December 2011

Chillin'...

Today started with an early(ish) and (as you'll see from the stats below) leisurely run around the Bay. I tend not to like running first thing; instead, I prefer to run in the evening. As return visitors may know, I use running to process the day and there ain't much to process at eight in the morning (well, not usually). However, needs must: today I have a luncheon engagement with my dear old mum.

Having said all that, this morning's run was a pleasant trollette around the more picturesque areas of the bay. There was a chill in the air but it was pleasant running weather. I started in Hamadryad Park, clinging to the water's edge, I then zipped through the wetlands and onwards to the Norwegian Church via a circumnavigation of St David's Hotel and a dance along the boardwalks of Mermaid Quay. I certainly felt like I'd earned my coffee when I returned.

My new fridge freezer (see yesterday's post) is now well on its way to being fully chilled. I hadn't realised how noisy the old one was (I think it must've been clockwork): I guess you get used to background noise. This one is so quiet; I keep opening the door to check it's switched on. It is monstrously huge and I still haven't got used to this monolith in my kitchen. It's the elephant in the room, so to speak, and a white one at that.

And so, with a pot of strong coffee brewing and a pan of porridge bubbling away lava-like, I tuned into my podcast: Dave Edwards' Countdown to Ibiza 2012 whilst I checked emails and messages on Twitter and Facebook and Gaydar. I'm more of a classical music man on a Sunday morning having hung up my dancing shoes some time ago. However, I must admit, I enjoyed this a lot and was quite impressed by Dave's turntable (do they still use them?) skills.

I know I'm not the most chilled person on the planet and, therefore, any recommendation about music must be tempered by that. However, I recommend you give @DJ_Dave_Edwards and his top choons a spin.
Today's run at 08:11
Distance4.12 kmTime23:26
Pace5:43 min/kmCadence79 spm

No comments:

Post a Comment