Thursday 29 December 2011

I would...

I remember accidentally tuning in to a kids' wildlife programme in the 80s and being mesmerised by the beauty of one of the presenters. He was tall and slim with the most angelic face and a shock of blond hair cut in a Mohican style.

He looked as if he should be in a rock band rather than in a BBC wildlife TV series for children. I can remember sitting there, gobsmacked, and thinking, how does someone get to be that handsome?

That kids' wildlife programme was The Really Wild Show and that handsome presenter was Chris Packham. It ran for 20 years and won numerous awards. Since that first chance encounter, I've followed Chris Packham (now 50) over the years. He has a passion for his subject and he really connects when he communicates. I must admit he still looks as handsome as ever.

Tonight he appeared on Celebrity Mastermind, winning his heat - add erudition to his many attributes. If there was any justice in this world he would be sat in bed now, exhausted having made me dinner and then washed up and tidied. He'd be calling my name right now to come in for a cwtch.

Life is so unfair...
Today's run at 17:40
Distance4.17 kmTime24:00
Pace5:45 min/kmCadence80 spm
Comments: Wind, rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment