Saturday 10 December 2011

Living with God...

There are many who proclaim that they are living with God. And it's not just the zealots and fundamentalists who say this. No. There are many ordinary Christians who boast that they share their lives with the Lord; I've seen the t-shirts and bumper stickers. Living with God can't be easy.

I don't think I'd like to share my domestic arrangements with the Almighty. Does he do his share of the housework? Is the phone always engaged with calls from numerous religeous leaders. Is the bath clogged with white beard trimmings? Does he talk in a low and booming voice when you're trying to watch the telly?

No, I don't think I could put up with it: always judging people and proclaiming from on high. I'd rather live with someone on equal terms and, let's face it, you're never gonna get that sharing a flat with someone who's omnipotent, are you? Sooner or later you'll start to feel inferior and then you'll end up resenting him. It's asking for trouble.
Today's run at 8:12
Distance4.01 kmTime21:51
Pace5:27 min/kmCadence82 spm

3 comments:

  1. A little anthropomorphism there Duncan? Whoever you share your abode with, there are always trimmings in the bath, beard or otherwise:/
    IMHO, nobody does their share of the housework, and there are always numerous calls; maybe not from religious leaders, but from bloody in-laws (amounts to kinda the same thing). I guess it always starts off equal and if you're unlucky it degenerates until somebody feels inferior?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt God would share a house with someone with a cadence of 82...I almost lost it Thursday at the Nativty play but thankfully only two parents are not speaking to me...ST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous #1 - I think you're right: living with anyone is something you both have to work at and tolerance is required. However, I think that I wouldn't be very tolerant of God: he comes with lots of baggage.
    Anonymous #2 - I've only just stopped crying after your last cadence taunt. Imagine upsetting people at a school nativity by flaunting your rampant atheism... ;-)

    ReplyDelete