Tuesday 24 January 2012

Three steps forward, two steps back...

Behaviours are hard to change; it takes much longer than you'd think to eradicate one behaviour and embed another in its place. I've never been that proud of the way I deal with stressful situations. It's always been something I'd like to get better at dealing with.

If I look back over the last 6 months, I'd say that I've made progress but it has been much slower than I'd anticipated. Three steps forward and two steps back was never going to win me any races but I'm not interested in speed so much; I'm more interested in finishing.

This morning I did one of my backward steps; I reacted to something in a way that I shouldn't have done. I opened my mouth and what I thought sounded like a reasonable argument, on reflection, must have sounded like a rape alarm going off.

Such episodes in the past have been dwelt on and then gone on to ruin my entire day. However, today I put it behind me and then got on with the rest of the day. It worked. It was a productive day too. I felt I covered so much ground. I like days like today.
Today's run at 18:10
Distance4.01 kmTime21:37
Pace5:24 min/kmCadence81 spm
Comments: Cloudy.

2 comments:

  1. How you can be happy with a cadence of 81 I don't know, never mind who you upset...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The road to happiness and a panacea for all our woes...? I am damned then to a miserable existence! Thanks Simon... ;-)

    ReplyDelete